Langsung ke konten utama

2013 Ford F150 5.0 Pulley Diagram

If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to help support FordF150.net!

Looking for recent topics?

cant get serpentine belt on!!!!

hummvee4
New Member
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:21 pm
Truck: 1993 ford F150
My Truck Mods

cant get serpentine belt on!!!!

have a 1993 Ford F 150. the serpentine belt just came off. the belt had a little twist in it. I tried to put it back on but it would not go back on. So I bought another belt. That One would not go on.either.So I bought a new tensioner. That did not fix the problem.the tensioner will move but it just does not make it to where I can get the belt on. I do not know what could be preventing the lil slack that I need to get the belt on. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

204Angler
New Member
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:58 pm
Truck: 1993 F-150 XLT 4x4
My Truck Mods

Re: cant get serpentine belt on!!!!

Post by 204Angler »

The only things I could think of is; you are sure you routed the belt correctly? Is is the correct belt? Also, when you are installing the belt is it staying on all the pulleys? I know when I put mine on it kept falling off the A/C pulley onto the A/C unit and took all the slack out of the belt.

Just some ideas!

hummvee4
New Member
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:21 pm
Truck: 1993 ford F150
My Truck Mods

Re: cant get serpentine belt on!!!!

Post by hummvee4 »

Yes ive routed it as shown on the diagram and its the right belt and I have the belt on all pulleys but the last one and when I pull the tensioner I can not get it on that final pulley.

User avatar

Steve83
Hardcore Ford Truck Fanatic
Hardcore Ford Truck Fanatic
Posts: 18742
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:19 pm
Truck: 83 Bronco with major mods
Location: Memphis, TN
My Truck Mods
Contact:

Re: cant get serpentine belt on!!!!

Post by Steve83 »

The last pulley should be one withOUT a lip. If it still won't go on, one of the accessories' pulleys is out-of-place. Make sure they all turn without noise (the smog pump may scrape slightly, and the PS pump may hiss) or looseness (the PS shaft may slide in-&-out ~1/8").

Image . Image . Image . '99 CV, '94 CV, & two '96 EB Broncos RIP

User avatar

AaronJordan32
Regular Member
Regular Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:01 pm
Truck: 1989 F-150 Lariat XLT 4x4 302 Automatic AOD
Location: Chesapeake, VA
My Truck Mods

Re: cant get serpentine belt on!!!!

Post by AaronJordan32 »

Just to be sure, how are you letting the tension off of the pulley to put the belt on? I have an 89, we should have the same setup. When I put my belt on, I take a wrench with some leverage, put some butt behind it, it takes plenty of tension off to put the belt on. I am not putting my wrench on the actual "tensioner" metal housing or adjusting that at all. I am putting it on the pulley next to it. Not your part exactly, but it should look similar:

(http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1992/f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... embly.html)

You may be doing this already, but the tensioner doesn't take any adjustment for me when putting on a belt. It's just getting enough butt behind your wrench to give yourself some slack to put the belt on. Could even be helpful at times to have someone releasing the tension, and someone putting on the belt

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Source: https://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=113051

Posted by: lukeneedlesssa.blogspot.com

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Triple Kitchen Sink Plumbing Installation - 1 - (see below for a shopping list and tools.)subscribe to th.

Marble Bathroom Sinks Ukfcu Online / Granite Stone Bathroom Sinks You Ll Love Wayfair Co Uk / With a fresh, clean touch this marble effect under sink unit is the ideal addition to any bathroom.

Dining Table Bench And 2 Chairs - TK Classics :: Napa Rectangular Outdoor Patio Dining Table ... : The lastest styles to love.